Joy: A feeling of great pleasure and happiness. It is the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires.
Of course, almost everyone I know would connect that Joy with this Joy
No matter what you think, Joy is essentially that happy little corner in your mind that’s always trying to get out and soothe your troubled feathers. Thankfully, there’s an essential oil for that (aha!).
Why Joy is Amazing
This harmonious blend promotes the emotions of love, happiness and confidence to the heart, mind, and soul. Would you believe me if I were to tell you that it can help overcome deep-seated grief and depression too?
What makes Joy such a Joy?
Simple! These ten single oils are the reason for that:
- Bergamot Essential Oil (Citrus bergamia) has analgesic, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is refreshing and uplifting and helps with anxiety and depression.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) increases relaxation; balances male and female energies. It also restores confidence and equilibrium.
- Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-depressant, and sedative properties. Its aroma lifts the spirit and releases negative emotions.
- Rosewood Essential Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) has antiviral, antibacterial, anti-infectious and anti-fungal properties. It is emotionally stabilizing and sometimes used for depression.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) has antiseptic and immune stimulating properties. It is purifying and uplifting. A 1995 Mie University study documented the ability of citrus fragrances to combat depression and boost immunity.
- Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale) has antidepressant and antispasmodic properties. It is emotionally uplifting.
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (Chamaemelum nobile) has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and anti-infectious properties. It is calming and relaxing and is used for depression and stress.
- Rose Otto Essential Oil (Rosa damascena) has anti-hemorrhaging, anti-infectious and aphrodisiac properties. It is stimulating to the mind and creates a sense of well being.
- Mandarin Essential Oil (Citrus reticulata) is uplifting to the mind and body and brings happiness and peace. It reduces stress, irritability and insomnia.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil (Cymbopogon martinii) has antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It helps reduce nervous tension and anxiety.
- Coriander Essential Oil (Coriandrum sativum) has antibacterial, antispasmodic, analgesic and antifungal properties. It relaxes the mind and releases it from fear and shock.
Joy is used for…
Abuse, acceptance, agitation, anger, argumentative, aura, clearing, deodorant, despondency, disappointment, discouragement, dying, energy, expression, frigidness (women), grief, grounding, happiness, heart (broken or heavy), injury (emotional), jealousy, loss of loved one, love, obsessiveness, personal change, positive feelings, protection, resentment, restlessness, sadness, stress, transitions, trauma, and weight loss (emotional).
Of course, these are but a few documented uses of the lovely EO blend. For me, I love diffusing Joy at work to keep me calm and focused. Plus, a good way to relax without being overly relaxed.
How do I use Joy?
Invest on a good diffuser. If you’re always on the go, consider getting a diffuser pendant/bracelet for your on-the-go needs
For the first few stages, dilute the essential oil (EO) blend with a suitable carrier oil (I am partial to sweet almond oil, but you can also use olive oil, coconut oil, or even argan oil) in a 1:5 ratio. Gradually increase the amount of EO blend if you prefer a stronger scent. Apply it to wrists, edge of ears, neck or feet. If applied neat, use about 2-4 drops at the same areas mentioned previously.
Ran out of bath bombs? Wanna have a pair of happy feet? Use 2-4 drops of Joy in the water and soak your troubles away.
Essential Oils are so versatile. And since Young Living Essential Oils are 100% Therapeutic Oils (meaning no fillers, no additives, etc) you only need a few drops in each batch of beauty products you’re planning to make. My fave is making a batch of body salt scrub using Himalayan Pink Salt (fine and coarse), coconut oil, and Joy EO blend.
In one 200ml jar, I use only about 5 drops of Joy. Sometimes I’d add more if I am feeling greedy hahaha.
Dilute Joy EO in a 1:15 ratio with a carrier oil of your choice for body massage. Again, my preference goes to Sweet Almond Oil mainly because it absorbs into my skin fast with minimal greasy leftover feeling. But any carrier oil will do. Skin becomes supple and you stay happy. How cool is that?